"Whoever finds me finds life." Proverbs 8:35a
There is a deep cry in each of our hearts to truly connect with God, to discover His amazing love personally and to allow Him to transform our lives so that we can follow Him without restraint. If this echoes the cry of your own heart or you desire to help others to discover this for themselves, then EXPLORE is for you!
What is EXPLORE?
EXPLORE is a series of weekend courses designed to train and equip God’s people through a journey of transformation. Ellel Ministries aims to bring Word and Spirit together in the application of teaching and ministry.
Together we will find that there is hope and help for the issues we struggle with in everyday life - issues of anxiety, stress, physical pain, emotional distress, problems in relationships, addictive behaviour and depression to name just a few. We will also discover what it really means to live with God in a closer relationship, and for God as part of His Kingdom family.
Those who journey through EXPLORE will also be equipped with keys in healing and discipleship to help meet the needs of others.
Each of the events in the series will include time for worship, biblical teaching, group discussion, activities, opportunity for prayer ministry, personal reflection and fellowship.
'If from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.' Deuteronomy 4:29
Who is EXPLORE for?
EXPLORE is for anyone who…
- desires a deeper, closer and more meaningful relationship with God
- knows there are issues in their life which are holding them back
- wants to understand God’s plan for their own life so they can walk in it
- wants to grow in their understanding of healing so that they can help others
It is for people aged 18 to 118! It is for new Christians or those who have been Christians for decades. It does not require any qualifications... all you need is an open heart to the Lord.
In 1994 Ellel Ministries began a Modular School of teaching and ministry in healing and discipleship. This school subsequently ran at most of our centres around the world reaching thousands of people with life-transforming teaching. It has truly been one of the most effective and fruitful schools that Ellel has ever run.
However, we never want to just keep running the same program simply because it has been effective in the past but always want to be in tune with what the Lord is asking us to do. As we considered the Modular School we felt the Lord asking us to undertake a refreshing of the material - with the same objectives and similar format - that would reflect the new things the Lord had shown us over the years.
After two years of prayer and planning we have developed EXPLORE. We are so excited by this new program and the potential it has to enable people to draw closer to Jesus. We know that as we draw close to Him, it is in Him that we find freedom from the many things that weigh us down. We are not erasing anything that has been in the original Modular School but rather adapting it to reflect where the Lord has been leading us. Our primary objective at Ellel Ministries will always be to declare the saving love of the Lord Jesus and how true healing and freedom is found in Him alone.
Our prayer is that you would discover this too as you join with us on a journey to explore all that God is, has done and will continue to do for each one of us. It is as we truly understand this that we can then move forward in serving Him with our whole heart and see His Kingdom come.
The following is a list of courses in the EXPLORE series...
EXPLORE A (2020)
Consists of 10 weekend courses as follows:
- The Big Picture: Exploring God's Foundations for Life
- Knowing God: Exploring the Character and Nature of God
- God's Master Key: Exploring the Power of Forgiveness
- Lost and Found: Exploring the Remedy for Rejection
- God's Enemy Exposed: Exploring Healing Through Deliverance
- Inside Out: Exploring Inner Damage and Healing
- Knowing Me: Exploring Restoration of the Human Spirit
- Connected: Exploring God's Design for Relationships
- Sheltered: Exploring the Antidote to Fear and Anxiety
- Healing Workshop: Exploring Ministry Practice. A practical workshop where those who attend have an opportunity to both give and receive ministry from fellow guests on EXPLORE alongside our Ministry Team.
EXPLORE B (2020)
Consists of 10 weekend courses as follows:
- The Family Business: Living in the Kingdom of God
- Rewired: Exploring Beliefs and Behaviours
- Deliver Us From Evil: Exploring the Snares of the Enemy
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Godly Sexuality
- Picking up the Pieces
- In His Image
- God's Plumbline
- Healing Workshop: Exploring Ministry Practice. A practical workshop where those who attend have an opportunity to both give and receive ministry from fellow guests on EXPLORE alongside our Ministry Team
What does an EXPLORE course look like?
EXPLORE is held at Ellel Sydney on a beautiful property located in Menangle, south-west of Sydney. It is held over a series of weekends.
Standard Weekend Format (Friday - Saturday)
Each EXPLORE weekend will start with registration from 6.30pm - 7.30pm on Friday evening. You will have time to settle into your room and get a cuppa before the evening session starts at 7.30pm with a time of worship.
Then on Saturday there will be a mix of worship and challenging and inspiring teaching sessions alongside times for personal reflection and group discussion time. There will also be an 'encounter' session where there will be an opportunity to respond personally to the teaching and to receive prayer ministry from our Ministry Team. The last session of the day will finish around 9.00pm.
For EXPLORE students who would like to stay overnight on Saturday the option is available. A light breakfast on Sunday will be provided but please note that you must vacate the premises by 9.30am.
Reception will not be open on Sunday.
…So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10
The wonderful thing about EXPLORE is that God doesn’t just work during the events themselves but continues His work during the time in-between. The EXPLORE notes booklets will also include a journal with activities, questions, worksheets and scriptures all designed to help you continue to grow and receive from the Lord in your own time.
Each of the events in the series will include time for worship, fellowship, biblical teaching, personal reflection, group discussion and an encounter time where prayer ministry will be available.
What are the dates?
The dates for the EXPLORE A school to be held in 2020 at Ellel Sydney are:-
- A1 The Big Picture: Exploring God's Foundations for Life (31 Jan-1 Feb 2020)
- A2 Knowing God: Exploring the character and Nature of God (6-7 March 2020)
- A3 God's Master Key: Exploring the Power of Forgiveness (3-4 April 2020)
- A4 Lost and Found: Exploring the Remedy for Rejection (1-2 May 2020)
- A5 God's Enemy Exposed: Exploring Healing through Deliverance (12-13 June 2020)
- A6 Inside Out: Exploring Inner Damage and Healing (31 July-1 Aug 2020)
- A7 Knowing Me: Exploring Restoration of the Human Spirit (11-12 September 2020)
- A8 Connected: Exploring God's Design for Relationships (16-17 October 2020)
- A9 Sheltered: Exploring the Antidote to Fear and Anxiety (13-14 November 2020)
- A10 Exploring Ministry Practice (10-13 December 2020)
The dates for the EXPLORE B school to be held in 2020 at Ellel Sydney are:-
Please note that it is required that you complete EXPLORE A before taking part in EXPLORE B.
- B1 The Family Business: Exploring What It Means to Live in the Kingdom of God (17-18 January 2020)
- B2 Rewired: Exploring Beliefs and Behaviours (21-22 February 2020)
- B3 Deliver Us From Evil: Exploring the Snares of the Enemy (13-14 March 2020)
- B4 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Exploring How to Deal with Difficult Emotions (24-25 April 2020)
- B5 Godly Sexuality: Exploring God's Design for Sexuality and Its Expression (15-16 May 2020)
- B6 Unique: Exploring our God-Given Identity (26-27 June 2020)
- B7 God's Plumbline: Exploring How to Recognise and Avoid Deception (24-25 July 2020)
- B8 Picking Up the Pieces: Exploring Healing for Past Accidents and Traumas (21-22 August 2020)
- B9 In His Image: Exploring Healing Through Creative Expression (25-26 September 2020)
- B10 Healing Workshop: Exploring Ministry Practice (26-29 November 2020)
How much does it cost?
There is an upfront registration fee of $40 plus you will need to pay a $25 deposit for each of the 10 courses ($250)... so before you start it will cost $290. You then pay for each course as per below.
This initial payment will entitle you to a $20 discount per person off residential EXPLORE weekends, or $10 off for non residential. You also get the added bonus of receiving $20 discount off all residential non-EXPLORE courses (excluding guest speaker events) for the duration of the EXPLORE school, or $10 off for non-residential. Not only that, but you also receive 10% off CDs and books for the duration of the school.
Discounts are not available in conjunction with Early Bird offers.
What type of accommodation do you offer?
We offer three types of accommodation. Please note we no longer offer married accommodation.
The prices stated are after deducting your $25 deposit and the EXPLORE discount.
- Course & Meals Only (non-residential) $155 per person
- Course, Meals & Budget (shared, external amenities) $200 per person
- Course, Meals & Standard (shared with ensuite) $245 per person
Please note to receive the EXPLORE discount you must first register for an account online (use little person icon on the top right of the page) or ring the office to book.
How do I apply?